Walgreens Covid booster vaccine near me Free
Walgreens Covid booster vaccine near me Free Save a trip! Get your COVID-19 vaccine with other recommended vaccines in one visit.
Getting vaccinated is the best way to stay protected against serious COVID-19 illness
- The CDC recommends a COVID-19 vaccine to everyone ages 6 months and older. The COVID-19 vaccine is available for everyone 3 and older at Walgreens
- Boosters are recommended for individuals 5+ who’ve completed the primary series to help stay protected from COVID-19.
- Booster shots can be received at least 5 months after completing the primary COVID-19 vaccination series.
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients are recommended to get a Pfizer or Moderna booster at least 2 months after completing the primary series.
- A second booster dose of Pfizer or Moderna is recommended for those ages 50+ who received a booster dose of any authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months prior.
- Moderately to severely immunocompromised individuals 5+ have specific COVID-19 vaccine recommendations. Visit the CDC to learn more.
- Three vaccines are authorized or approved to prevent COVID-19. In most situations, Pfizer or Moderna vaccines are preferred over the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for primary and booster vaccination.
For additional recommendations and to see if you’re up to date visit the CDC website.
Are COVID-19 vaccines safe?
COVID-19 vaccines were developed quickly, but all development steps were taken to make sure COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective, including:
- Clinical trials: All vaccines in the U.S. must go through three phases of clinical trials to ensure safe and effective use. While phases did overlap to speed up the process, all phases were completed.
- Authorization or approval: Before vaccines are made available, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews data from clinical trials. FDA determined three COVID-19 vaccines met FDA’s standards and received Emergency Use Authorizations (EUAs) external icon or full FDA approval.
- Tracking safety using vaccine monitoring systems: Like all approved vaccines in the U.S., COVID-19 vaccines continue to be monitored for safety and effectiveness. Hundreds of millions of people in the U.S. have safely received COVID-19 vaccines. CDC and FDA continue to provide updates on the safety of U.S. authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccines using data from several monitoring systems.
What are the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine?
When you get a COVID-19 vaccine, you may experience temporary and minor side effects, which is completely normal – in fact, this means the vaccine is working and your body is building protection.
Common symptoms include:
- Pain or soreness at injection site
Can my child get the COVID-19 vaccine?
How does COVID-19 affect children?
Just like adults, COVID-19 can make children and teens very sick and could require hospitalization. To prevent serious illness caused by COVID-19, protect your child with a COVID-19 vaccine.
Can I get my child vaccinated at Walgreens instead of at our pediatrician’s office?
Yes! Walgreens offers COVID-19 vaccines for ages 3+, and our immunizers are trained to administer to this population. The COVID-19 vaccine at Walgreens is exactly the same as the vaccine you would get at your child’s pediatrician office. Schedule an appointment ›
Is the vaccine safe for my child?
The COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective for children. It helps prevent serious illness and reduce hospitalizations.
What should I expect after my child gets the vaccine? Will there be side effects?
Right after your child gets vaccinated at Walgreens, our pharmacists will monitor them for 15 to 30 minutes. This is to make sure they don’t have any adverse side effects, which are rare.
Once you get home, your child may have mild side effects for 1–2 days. These include:
- Sore arm
Talk to your child’s heath care provider or your local Walgreens pharmacist about taking over-the-counter medicine to ease any symptoms.
*No cost to you. Vaccine either covered by insurance or government assistance. Vaccines subject to availability. State-, age- and health-related restrictions may apply.
Are there oral antiviral medications to treat COVID-19?
The FDA has issued Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to two oral antivirals for the treatment of COVID-19: Paxlovid® (Pfizer) and Molnupiravir (Merck). At this time, select Walgreens pharmacies will be able to dispense these COVID-19 antiviral medications as supply allows to eligible patients with a valid prescription from their healthcare provider per FDA guidelines:
- Paxlovid eligibility: 12+ years of age (weighing at least 88 pounds) with a positive COVID-19 viral test who are at high risk for severe COVID-19, including hospitalization or death.
- Molnupiravir eligibility: 18+ years of age with a positive COVID-19 viral test who are at risk for severe COVID-19, including hospitalization or death, and for whom alternative FDA-authorized COVID-19 treatments options are not accessible or clinically appropriate.
For information about eligibility for COVID-19 antiviral therapy, please contact your healthcare provider or find a provider on Find Care.